Acupuncture for Women’s Health
For you, as a woman, it’s so important to actively care for your health throughout throughout your whole life. Your body’s physiology goes through phases, and is constantly changing.
Taking care of yourself prevents issues and it improves your quality of life.
As a woman, your body goes through numerous hormonal changes during the course of your lifetime. You can almost guarantee you’re going to face some issue around these hormonal changes, starting in puberty and going beyond menopause.
The therapies of acupuncture and Oriental medicine help strengthen the functional energy and physiology of the body. They help improve nervous system function, strengthen the immune system, balance hormones, boost energy and improve circulation; which reduces pain, inflammation, hormonal imbalances and stress.
Most women end up facing a ranging variety of health issues as they age, from PMS, fertility and childbirth issues, to menopause and beyond. Whatever your concerns may be, acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine offer a safe, natural and effective way to support your physical and emotional health.
Acupuncture for Gynecological Health
Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine can be very effective in treating:
- PMS or PMDD
- Perimenopausal Symptoms
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Irregular or Painful Menstruation (Dysmenorrhea)
- Postpartum Depression
- Morning Sickness
- Recurring Yeast Infections or Bacterial Vaginitis
Acupuncture for Menopause
During menopause, you may experience experience uncomfortable or even debilitating symptoms. According to Chinese medicine, its the weakened functional energy of the organ systems and hormones that cause these life-disrupting symptoms. Acupuncture and the other therapies of Oriental medicine help strengthen and regulate the systems of your body, so you feel better and have a smoother transition through menopause.
Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine Help:
- Hot flashes
- Night sweats
- Pain of the joints, back, breasts, headaches
- Anxiety, palpitations
- Poor memory
- Mood swings & irritability
- Urinary incontinence, urgency
- Irregular vaginal bleeding
Acupuncture for Fertility
Whether you are preparing to conceive, are working with IVF or other fertility treatments or need to address health issues affecting your fertility like PCOS, endometriosis, fibroids, polyps, cysts or immunity issues, acupuncture and Oriental medicine can be a huge help to you in strengthening the systems of your body, reducing inflammation and regulating hormone to help you get and stay pregnant.
Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Help:
- Improve egg quality
- Regulate the menstrual cycle
- Treat endometriosis and fibroids
- Increase circulation to the ovaries and uterus
- Regulate the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis
- Improve sperm count and motility
- Improve success rates for IVF patients
- Regulate hormones
- Reduce stress and anxiety
- Improve Immunity
Acupuncture During Pregnancy
Pregnancy acupuncture has been used in China and other eastern cultures to restore, promote and maintain good health and energy levels. Pregnancy acupuncture increases the probability of a full term pregnancy and decreases the possibility of miscarriage.
Pregnancy acupuncture is very safe and is an effective alternative at a time when you might choose to avoid taking medicine for minor ailments. Pregnancy acupuncture has been used safely and effectively for thousands of years to treat many conditions women experience during their pregnancy.
- Supports fetal development in all trimesters
- Threatened miscarriage
- Reduces anxiety, depression & stress
- Sinus infections, allergies, colds
- Morning sickness, nausea, vomiting
- Muscle aches & Pains
- Fatigue & Exhaustion
- Round ligament pain
- Gestational diabetes
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Pregnancy-Induced Hypertension
- Ankle & wrist swelling (edema)
- Breech Baby
- Softens cervix for routine pre-birth treatments