Yes! A proven way to actually alleviate anxiety while relaxing & having some time to yourself.
Have you ever felt paralyzed because your mind is racing?
Like you’re stuck, can’t make a decision or move forward with anything? You feel overwhelmed, irritable or worry excessively about things? Fear takes over with the thoughts of facing certain events or situations? You constantly tense, edgy or nervous something bad is going to happen?
Anxiety, stress and depression can completely take over your life. They can manifest in a bunch of different ways that are emotional, physical, cognitive and behavioral.
Here are some indications of anxiety, stress and depression you may be experiencing:
- Muscle tension, headaches, stomach aches, back pain, neck & shoulder pain
- Exhaustion/fatigue, sleeping issues, restlessness, racing heart, restricted breathing
- Weight changes, digestive problems, teeth grinding, diarrhea or constipation
- Frequent illness, immunity issues
- Hypertension, dizziness, ringing in the ears
- Hurrying, decreased productivity, procrastination, increased accidents, more sedentary
- Procrastination, decreased productivity, more sedentary
- Increased alcohol or drug use, cigarette smoking, risky behavior
- Isolation, conflicts with others, and are seeking alternative therapies to pharmaceuticals, or therapeutic support to help support your body while taking prescription medications.
Anxiety, depression and stress is one of the most common issues I see people for or is an element of what brings them in for acupuncture. Yeah, being in chronic pain is depressing.
Many people feel a ton of relief using acupuncture to reduce stress, anxiety and depression.
Here are some of the ways people say they feel better after a series of acupuncture treatments:
- More stable mood, calmness and centeredness
- Happier, more consistent sense of ease
- Better self-esteem
- Feeling more in control & able to perform work
- Usual anxiety triggers no longer affect them
- Higher / more stable energy
- Ease of digestion
- Free of aches & pains
- Better circulation
- Higher adaptability & ability to solve problems
- More ease integrating learning experiences
- Improved libido
- Higher focus
- Clearer thinking & decision-making
- Better ability to take on work and tasks
- Appetite regulation
The Oriental medicine understanding of the relationship between the physical body and the emotions is that they are connected, intertwined and affect one another. Both the state of the physical body can have an effect on the emotions and the emotions can affect the physical state of the body.
Acupuncture, herbal medicine, bodywork and other lifestyle recommendation can help you feel better both emotionally and physically so you can feel like yourself again and able to deal with everyday life situations that you may be finding overwhelming and challenging.